Our Clinical Informatics Specialist job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Clinical Informatics Specialist role
A Clinical Informatics Specialist is responsible for managing and maintaining electronic medical records systems and other health information systems for a healthcare organization or physician practice. The individual also assists with the implementation of new technologies, provides medical staff with training and support, and ensures compliance with rules and regulations related to medical records.
The purpose of a Clinical Informatics Specialist is to provide expertise and support in the implementation, maintenance, and optimization of healthcare information systems and technologies. They are responsible for bridging the gap between clinical staff and IT personnel to ensure that healthcare information systems are being used to their fullest potential. Clinical Informatics Specialists play a key role in improving healthcare quality, safety, and efficiency through the use of information technology. They are also responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures related to data integrity, security, and privacy.
Clinical Informatics Specialist Summary
The Clinical Informatics Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining patient care information systems that integrate clinical, financial, and operational data. The Specialist will analyze data and develop reports to support clinical decision making, and will provide support and training to clinicians and other staff in the use of the systems. The Clinical Informatics Specialist must have a strong understanding of healthcare applications, information systems, and business processes. The position requires excellent communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Analyze clinical data to create reports and dashboards that support clinical decision making.
• Develop and implement patient care information systems that integrate clinical, financial, and operational data.
• Provide support and training to clinicians and other staff in the use of the systems.
• Manage and maintain system security and user access.
• Monitor system performance and troubleshoot system issues.
• Coordinate system upgrades, enhancements, and patches.
• Monitor data quality and accuracy.
• Participate in system design and workflow reviews.
• Stay current on technology trends and industry regulations.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Health Informatics, or a related field.
• 3+ years of experience in healthcare IT, healthcare informatics, or a related field.
• Knowledge of healthcare applications, information systems, and business processes.
• Excellent communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Experience with data analysis and reporting tools.
• Certification in a healthcare IT-related field preferred.
Clinical Informatics Specialist Duties
- Manage and maintain clinical information systems
- Develop and implement clinical informatics solutions
- Analyze data to identify clinical trends
- Create and manage databases
- Train clinicians and staff on clinical informatics systems
- Provide technical support for clinical informatics systems
Clinical Informatics Specialist Skills
- Proficiency in medical terminology and healthcare data systems
- Knowledge of clinical workflows
- Knowledge of clinical information systems
- Familiarity with clinical information systems and software
- Ability to interpret and analyze clinical data
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
Clinical Informatics Specialist Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a health or technology related field
- Experience in clinical informatics, healthcare informatics, healthcare technology, or related field
- Knowledge of healthcare data management systems, including EHRs, CPOE, and CDSS
- Proficiency in database, data mining and analytics solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies