Our Hospital Unit Clerk job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Hospital Unit Clerk role
A hospital unit clerk is responsible for providing administrative support to medical staff in a hospital unit. Duties include filing and retrieving medical records, scheduling appointments, ordering supplies, answering phone calls, and providing general information to patients and visitors.
The purpose of a hospital unit clerk is to provide administrative support to medical staff and ensure a smooth flow of operations in a healthcare setting. This includes managing patient records, scheduling appointments, handling phone calls, processing insurance forms, and performing other administrative tasks. Additionally, hospital unit clerks may provide customer service to patients and their families, and help organize and respond to medical requests.
Hospital Unit Clerk Summary
The Hospital Unit Clerk is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the hospital unit. This includes greeting visitors, answering telephones, processing admissions, managing paperwork, managing medical records, and ensuring that the hospital unit runs smoothly. The clerk must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Hospital Unit Clerk Duties
- Provide administrative and clerical support to hospital unit staff
- Greet visitors and answer phone calls
- Schedule appointments and maintain patient records
- Collect patient information, including insurance information
- Order and maintain supplies
- Process and coordinate patient admissions and discharges
- Assist with the preparation of medical reports and documents
Hospital Unit Clerk Skills
- Data entry
- Computer proficiency
Hospital Unit Clerk Requirements
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform accurate data entry
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good communication skills