Our Hospice Administrator job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Hospice Administrator role
A Hospice Administrator is responsible for the management and operations of a hospice facility and its programs, including overseeing staff, financial planning, and providing quality care and services to patients and their families.
The purpose of a Hospice Administrator is to manage the daily operations of a hospice care facility. This includes managing staff, developing and implementing policies and procedures, overseeing financial operations, and ensuring high-quality care is provided to patients. The Hospice Administrator is also responsible for ensuring that the hospice meets all applicable regulations and standards.
Hospice Administrator Summary
The Hospice Administrator is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, directing, and controlling of the hospice organization. This includes financial management, personnel management, clinical operations, planning, marketing, and ensuring regulatory compliance. The Administrator will maintain a high quality of patient care and services, as well as a positive and professional image of the organization. They will ensure that all policies, procedures, and standards of practice are in compliance with state/federal laws. The Administrator will also be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, such as referral sources, vendors, and other healthcare providers.
Hospice Administrator Duties
- Hire, train, and supervise staff
- Develop and implement policies and procedures
- Monitor patient care and quality assurance
- Manage budget and financial operations
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Communicate with staff, volunteers, and families
- Coordinate care with other health care professionals
Hospice Administrator Skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and work with a diverse team
- Knowledge of hospice regulations and guidelines
- Ability to provide compassionate care for patients and their families
Hospice Administrator Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, or related field
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations, reimbursement, and accreditation
- 3+ years of experience in hospice administration
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong communication and customer service skills