Our Clinical Therapist job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Clinical Therapist role
Clinical Therapist is a mental health professional who provides counseling and therapy to individuals, couples, families, and groups in order to support and improve mental and emotional health. Clinical Therapists use a variety of techniques to assess and treat mental and emotional disorders and to help individuals improve their functioning and well-being.
The primary purpose of a Clinical Therapist is to provide mental health services to individuals, families, couples, and groups. Clinical Therapists assess, diagnose, and treat mental and emotional disorders, such as depression, anxiety, and substance abuse. They create treatment plans, provide counseling and psychotherapy, and refer individuals to other appropriate services. Clinical Therapists also collaborate with other health care professionals to provide the best possible care for their patients.
Clinical Therapist Summary
Clinical Therapist Job Summary
This position is responsible for providing mental health services to individuals, families, and/or groups in a clinical setting. The Clinical Therapist will assess, diagnose, and treat mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders and provide psychotherapy services. The Clinical Therapist will work to create a safe, therapeutic environment for clients to express their feelings and discuss their issues. The Clinical Therapist will also provide education and resources to clients, families, and other members of the treatment team. The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in psychology or a related field, as well as experience in providing therapy to individuals, couples, families, and/or groups.
Clinical Therapist Duties
- Develop and implement treatment plans
- Assess client needs and provide counseling services
- Identify and assess client's strengths and weaknesses
- Provide individual, family and group therapy
- Coordinate with other healthcare professionals
- Maintain records and prepare reports
- Monitor client progress
Clinical Therapist Skills
Clinical Therapist Requirements
- A Master's degree in Clinical Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a related field
- Licensure or certification as a clinical therapist
- Knowledge of counseling techniques and methods
- Ability to develop and maintain professional therapeutic relationships
- Ability to assess and diagnose mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Organizational Ability
- Ability to Work with Diverse Groups of People