Our Academic Hospitalist job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Academic Hospitalist role
An academic hospitalist is a physician who specializes in the care of hospitalized patients. They provide comprehensive care, including diagnosis, treatment and management of common medical problems, as well as preventive care and education. Academic hospitalists also conduct research and contribute to the teaching of medical students and trainees.
The purpose of an academic hospitalist is to provide direct patient care and teaching to medical students, residents, and fellows in an academic medical center. They are responsible for the day-to-day management of hospitalized patients, including performing physical examinations, ordering tests and treatments, and providing follow-up care. Academic hospitalists also work closely with attending physicians to ensure continuity of care for their patients and coordinate patient care between different medical specialties.
Academic Hospitalist Summary
The Academic Hospitalist provides inpatient care for patients in an academic medical setting. This role includes providing direct patient care, consulting with other medical staff, interpreting laboratory results, educating medical staff and students, and managing patient flow. The Academic Hospitalist will also be responsible for ensuring quality and safety standards are maintained, coordinating patient care within the hospital system, developing and implementing care protocols, and providing medical advice to referring physicians. In addition, the Academic Hospitalist may be responsible for presenting research projects to further advance the field of hospital medicine.
Academic Hospitalist Duties
- Manage and coordinate care for hospitalized patients in an academic medical setting
- Provide direct patient care and perform medical procedures
- Educate and supervise medical students and residents
- Participate in research and medical education activities
Academic Hospitalist Skills
- Medical expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of hospital protocols
Academic Hospitalist Requirements
- Medical degree from an accredited school
- Board certification or Board eligibility in Internal Medicine
- Experience in an academic setting preferred
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multitask