Our Cost Estimator job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Cost Estimator role
The Cost Estimator is responsible for preparing cost estimates for materials, labor, and services needed to complete assigned projects. The Estimator must have an in-depth understanding of industry-specific construction techniques, materials, and costs, and be able to identify cost-saving opportunities. They must also be able to interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and bid documents, and to communicate effectively with clients, contractors, and suppliers.
The purpose of a Cost Estimator is to analyze data to calculate the estimated cost of a project or product. They collect and analyze data to estimate the cost of labor, materials, and other expenses associated with the project or product. Cost Estimators also assess the risks of potential projects and analyze the financial implications of the projects. They create detailed reports and present their findings to clients or management. Cost Estimators work in a variety of industries and must possess a strong understanding of mathematics and business principles.
Cost Estimator Summary
The Cost Estimator is responsible for providing accurate and timely estimates on the cost of goods and services. They analyze cost data, such as labor, materials, overhead, and other expenses, in order to determine the total cost of a given project. In addition, they research current market prices and trends to ensure that estimates are in line with industry standards. The Cost Estimator is expected to stay up-to-date on industry trends and new technologies, and to have a strong understanding of the production process. They must be proficient in problem solving and decision making, and be able to communicate effectively with team members and management.
Cost Estimator Duties
- Develop cost estimates for projects and programs
- Research and analyze cost data, trends and other information
- Evaluate project plans and specifications
- Consult with engineers, architects and other professionals
- Prepare and submit cost estimates to management
- Monitor and track cost estimates and actual costs
- Assist in the development of bidding documents
Cost Estimator Skills
- Cost Estimation
- Financial Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Project Management
Cost Estimator Requirements
- Ability to analyze data, develop cost estimates and recommend cost-effective solutions
- Knowledge of cost estimation software systems and tools
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication