Our Building Maintenance Engineer job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Building Maintenance Engineer role
A Building Maintenance Engineer is responsible for maintaining and repairing the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems of a building. They inspect and diagnose issues, develop maintenance plans, and install new systems. They must also be knowledgeable in safety regulations and be capable of troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
The purpose of a Building Maintenance Engineer is to perform maintenance, repairs, and installations on building systems, such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and other mechanical systems. The Building Maintenance Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all building systems are operating properly, as well as responding to any emergency maintenance issues that may arise. Additionally, the Building Maintenance Engineer may be responsible for completing preventative maintenance on the building systems, as well as performing regular inspections to identify and address potential problems before they become major issues. The Building Maintenance Engineer must also be able to work closely with the building's occupants to ensure that their needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Building Maintenance Engineer Summary
The Building Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of buildings and associated equipment. This includes providing preventative maintenance and upkeep, responding to breakdowns and emergency calls, and troubleshooting and repairing systems and equipment. The Maintenance Engineer must have a working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other building systems, and be able to use hand tools and power tools to diagnose and repair problems. They must also be able to read blueprints and schematics, understand building codes, and be able to lift, carry, and move heavy objects. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are essential.
Building Maintenance Engineer Duties
- Inspect buildings and equipment to identify any necessary repairs or preventive maintenance
- Perform repairs to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and other systems
- Maintain records of preventative maintenance and repairs
- Order supplies and equipment as needed
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
Building Maintenance Engineer Skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Knowledge of safety regulations and building codes
- Proficiency in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
Building Maintenance Engineer Requirements
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance and repair
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail