Our Automatic Door Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Automatic Door Technician role
An Automatic Door Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of automatic door systems. This position requires knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, as well as the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with automatic door systems. The technician must also be knowledgeable about safety requirements, and be able to work independently or in a team environment.
The purpose of an Automatic Door Technician is to diagnose, adjust, and repair automated doors, such as sliding doors, bi-folding doors, and revolving doors. They are responsible for ensuring that the doors are properly operating, safe, and secure in both residential and commercial buildings. They must have a strong knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and software components of the automated doors and be able to troubleshoot and repair any malfunctions. Additionally, they must be able to explain the necessary repairs to the customer in an understandable way.
Automatic Door Technician Summary
Automatic Door Technician Job Summary
The Automatic Door Technician is responsible for installing and maintaining electric and automated door systems. The Technician will inspect, assemble, install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair automatic entrance systems. This includes but is not limited to electric and automated door operators, door frames, jambs, and hardware. The Technician is expected to have a strong knowledge of basic electric and electronic principles, as well as knowledge of door components. The Technician should have excellent customer service skills, be organized, and have good communication skills.
The Technician will work with other team members and customers to ensure that the door systems are installed and maintained properly and that customer satisfaction is achieved. The Technician must be able to perform tasks in a timely manner and take responsibility for any issues that may arise. The Technician must also stay informed of new technologies and techniques in the field.
The Technician should be able to work independently as well as in a team environment and be willing to work flexible hours. The Technician must be bondable and have a valid driver’s license.
Automatic Door Technician Duties
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing automatic doors and related equipment
- Performing inspections to ensure safety and compliance with regulations
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting automatic door systems
- Providing customer service and support
- Recommending improvements and modifications
- Ordering parts and supplies
Automatic Door Technician Skills
- Knowledge of safety standards and regulations
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift heavy objects
Automatic Door Technician Requirements
- Must have experience in repairing and maintaining automatic doors
- Must be able to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with automatic door systems
- Must be knowledgeable in electrical wiring and be able to read blueprints or schematics
- Must have the ability to use power tools and hand tools safely and effectively
- Excellent problem solving and technical skills
- Strong customer service and communication abilities
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Ability to lift heavy objects