Our Civil Engineering Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Civil Engineering Technician role
A Civil Engineering Technician is responsible for assisting civil engineers in developing, designing, and managing projects related to the construction and maintenance of public and private infrastructure. This includes bridges, roads, buildings, and water systems. They must have a keen eye for detail, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to interpret complex technical data.
The purpose of a Civil Engineering Technician is to provide technical support to civil engineers in the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of civil engineering projects such as roads, bridges, buildings, and other infrastructure. The technician is responsible for carrying out the design, calculations, mapping, and other technical aspects of the project, as well as ensuring that the project is completed within the budget and on time. The technician also assists with testing, surveying, and inspecting the work to ensure that it meets all safety and quality standards.
Civil Engineering Technician Summary
A Civil Engineering Technician assists in the design, construction, and maintenance of civil engineering projects such as highways, bridges, and water and sewage systems. They use computer-aided design (CAD) systems to create detailed drawings, review and analyze data, and prepare cost estimates. They also inspect construction sites to ensure that plans are followed and materials are being used according to specifications. They work closely with civil engineers to ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
Civil Engineering Technician Duties
- Assist civil engineers in developing plans, designs and drawings for civil engineering projects
- Conduct studies and tests to collect data for civil engineering projects
- Prepare and analyze data related to land surveys and other relevant information
- Design and implement plans for land development, drainage and flood control
- Provide technical advice to civil engineers on construction projects
- Perform calculations and assist in drafting related to civil engineering projects
- Build models, prepare reports and keep records of civil engineering projects
Civil Engineering Technician Skills
- Computer Aided Design
- Blueprint Reading
- Problem Solving
Civil Engineering Technician Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand technical plans, specifications and drawings
- Experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Experience in construction inspection, surveying and laboratory testing
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interpret and understand information from technical drawings and plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure