Our Cable Engineer job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Cable Engineer role
A Cable Engineer is responsible for designing, installing, and maintaining cable systems for a variety of applications including telecommunications, internet, and broadcast media. They evaluate system performance, troubleshoot problems, and develop modifications to improve service. They also ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards.
The purpose of a Cable Engineer is to design, install, maintain, and troubleshoot cable systems and related components. This includes fiber optics, copper, and coaxial cables. Cable Engineers must be knowledgeable in the theory and application of electrical principles, basic computer concepts, and industry standards for cable systems. They must understand safety practices and regulations for working with high-voltage systems and hazardous materials. Cable Engineers must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision, as well as to work in a team environment. They must be able to read and interpret plans, diagrams, and engineering specifications. Cable Engineers must also possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
Cable Engineer Summary
Cable Engineer - Job Summary
The Cable Engineer is responsible for installing, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing all types of cable systems, including fiber optics, copper, and coaxial cables. The Engineer will also design and implement new cable systems, as well as maintain existing systems and ensure that they are up to industry standards. The Engineer must possess a strong understanding of electrical principles, as well as experience working with CAD/CAE software. The Engineer must also possess excellent communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. This position requires frequent travel and may require working in extreme weather conditions.
Cable Engineer Duties
- Install, maintain, and repair cable systems and their components
- Test cable systems and equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnostics on cable systems
- Set up and configure cable network systems
- Coordinate cable projects with clients and other personnel
Cable Engineer Skills
- Expertise in the installation and maintenance of cable networks
- Knowledge of cable installation and maintenance techniques
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems related to cable networks
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations
- Proficiency in the use of specialized tools and testing equipment
Cable Engineer Requirements
- Strong knowledge of cable systems and technologies
- Experience with network installation and troubleshooting
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and diagrams
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to read technical diagrams and schematics
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently