Our Biomedical Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Biomedical Technician role
Biomedical technicians are responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting biomedical equipment used in healthcare facilities. They may also provide training to medical staff on the proper use of the equipment. They must be knowledgeable in the principles of electronics, mechanics, and computer science in order to diagnose, test, and repair medical equipment.
The purpose of a biomedical technician is to maintain, operate, and repair medical equipment in a healthcare setting, such as hospitals and clinics. They are responsible for ensuring that the equipment is in good working condition and is used properly and safely. Biomedical technicians also troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions, and they may be involved in the installation, programming, and calibration of new equipment. They may also provide technical support and training to healthcare professionals.
Biomedical Technician Summary
Biomedical Technicians are responsible for maintaining and repairing medical equipment used in healthcare facilities. They must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems with a wide variety of biomedical equipment, including x-ray machines, MRI scanners, patient monitoring systems, and other diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. They must be well-versed in technical manuals and safety protocols, and have a good understanding of physics, biology, and electronics. They must be able to effectively communicate with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare personnel to ensure the safe operation of biomedical equipment.
Biomedical Technician Duties
- Perform preventative maintenance on medical equipment
- Install, calibrate, maintain and repair medical equipment
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in medical equipment
- Provide technical advice and support to medical personnel
- Order and maintain medical equipment and supplies
- Stay up to date on scientific and technological advancements in medical equipment
Biomedical Technician Skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in medical equipment maintenance and repair
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with a range of biomedical equipment
- Excellent attention to detail
Biomedical Technician Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of biomedical equipment and systems
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently