Our Aircraft Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Aircraft Technician role
Aircraft Technicians are responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing aircraft to ensure they are safe and in proper working order. They may also assist in the installation of new parts and systems, conduct diagnostic tests, and troubleshoot any problems that arise.
The purpose of an Aircraft Technician is to maintain, inspect, and repair aircraft systems and components. This includes, but is not limited to, engines, avionics, electrical systems, airframes, and fuel systems. The Aircraft Technician is responsible for ensuring the aircraft is airworthy and safe to operate. Additionally, the Aircraft Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, servicing, and performing general maintenance to ensure the aircraft performs properly and in accordance with applicable regulations.
Aircraft Technician Summary
The Aircraft Technician is responsible for performing maintenance and repair work on aircraft and aircraft systems. This includes inspecting and troubleshooting aircraft, performing routine maintenance, and repairing components. The Aircraft Technician must possess strong technical knowledge and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent organizational and communication abilities. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Aircraft Technician Duties
- Inspect, maintain, and repair aircraft components
- Perform troubleshooting of aircraft systems
- Conduct routine maintenance on aircraft
- Perform safety checks
- Replace parts and components
- Keep accurate records of maintenance activities
Aircraft Technician Skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of aircraft components
Aircraft Technician Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of aircraft systems, components and operations
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and drawings
- Good communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to lift heavy equipment
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to lift heavy objects