Our Juvenile Detention Officer job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Juvenile Detention Officer role
A Juvenile Detention Officer is responsible for providing supervision, care, and support for youth in a detention environment. They ensure the safety of both staff and youth and enforce the rules and regulations of the facility. They also provide guidance and counseling to the youth in their care.
Juvenile Detention Officer Summary
A Juvenile Detention Officer is responsible for providing care and supervision for juvenile inmates in a secure detention facility. The Officer is responsible for maintaining order and discipline among the inmates, providing counseling and guidance to the juveniles, and monitoring the safety and security of the facility. The Officer also works with other members of the juvenile justice system, such as judges, probation officers, and social workers, to ensure that the juveniles in their care receive appropriate services. The Officer must be able to communicate effectively with juveniles, their families, and other members of the justice system.
Juvenile Detention Officer Duties
- Supervise juveniles in detention centers
- Monitor behavior and ensure safety of detainees
- Provide counseling and guidance to detainees
- Develop and enforce detention center rules and regulations
- Enforce disciplinary actions when necessary
- Interact with families, community representatives and court personnel
- Prepare and file reports and other paperwork
Juvenile Detention Officer Skills
Juvenile Detention Officer Requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work independently