Our Forensic Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Forensic Technician role
Forensic technicians apply their scientific knowledge to help law enforcement personnel investigate a crime scene. They collect and analyze physical evidence, prepare detailed reports, and testify in court. They must have a detailed understanding of forensic science principles and investigative techniques.
The purpose of a Forensic Technician job role is to analyze physical evidence to help law enforcement professionals in solving cases. They use sophisticated techniques and cutting-edge technology to collect, process, and analyze evidence from crime scenes, including fingerprints, DNA, fibers, and other trace materials. They document their findings, prepare reports, and present their evidence in court. Forensic Technicians must be able to work with attention to detail, as accuracy and thoroughness are essential for successful outcomes.
Forensic Technician Summary
Forensic Technician Job Summary
The Forensic Technician is responsible for providing technical expertise in the analysis and examination of evidence collected during criminal investigations. This role requires a strong attention to detail, the ability to work with a variety of tools and technology, and a thorough understanding of the legal process. The Forensic Technician must be able to work independently and in collaboration with law enforcement personnel, attorneys, and other experts to develop and analyze evidence. This position requires an individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to document and present evidence in court. The Forensic Technician must adhere to professional standards and maintain ethical integrity.
Forensic Technician Duties
- Collect, analyze, and document physical evidence from crime scenes
- Test and analyze evidence using a variety of specialized techniques and equipment
- Prepare detailed written reports of findings
- Maintain accurate records of evidence
- Prepare evidence for presentation in court
- Assist with additional investigative tasks as required
Forensic Technician Skills
- Collecting and handling evidence
- Analyzing evidence through various methods
- Keeping accurate records
- Understanding legal requirements
- Working with law enforcement
Forensic Technician Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in forensic science or related field
- Experience conducting forensic laboratory analyses
- Proficiency in laboratory equipment and techniques
- Ability to interpret data and make accurate conclusions
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure