Our Heavy Equipment Mechanic job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Heavy Equipment Mechanic role
A Heavy Equipment Mechanic inspects, services, repairs and maintains heavy machinery used in construction, agricultural, and industrial settings. They diagnose problems, perform preventative maintenance, and use a variety of tools to repair and adjust components. They must have a good knowledge of hydraulics, diesel engines, electrical systems, and other components of heavy machinery.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Summary
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for performing preventative maintenance, repairs, and overhauls of heavy equipment. The mechanic must have a thorough knowledge of the principles of operation and repair of a wide variety of heavy equipment and tools. They must be able to troubleshoot and diagnosis both mechanical and electrical issues, as well as perform all necessary repairs. The mechanic must also be able to follow directions and maintain a safe working environment. They should be able to use a variety of hand and power tools and be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Duties
- Inspect, maintain and repair heavy equipment such as bulldozers, graders, loaders, dump trucks and other earthmoving equipment
- Diagnose faults using technical specifications and diagnostic tests
- Repair and replace system components, parts and components
- Test and adjust equipment and systems to ensure optimum performance
- Maintain accurate records of repairs and maintenance
- Follow safety protocols and regulations
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Skills
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing mechanical problems
- Repairing and replacing parts and components
- Conducting routine maintenance
- Reading and interpreting technical manuals
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Requirements
- Knowledge of heavy equipment systems and components
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical problems
- Proficiency in the use of tools and diagnostic equipment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals