Our Demolition Worker job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Demolition Worker role
A Demolition Worker tears down structures using hand and power tools; operates heavy equipment; and cleans up debris.
The purpose of a demolition worker is to safely and efficiently demolish structures and buildings, including homes, warehouses, and other structures. They use a variety of tools and techniques to complete the job, including jackhammers, chisels, saws, and other specialized tools. They may also be responsible for removing hazardous materials, such as asbestos and lead, from the demolition site. In addition, demolition workers are responsible for recycling and salvaging materials, as well as cleaning up debris and disposing of it in a safe and proper manner.
Demolition Worker Summary
Demolition Worker Job Summary:
A Demolition Worker is responsible for safely and efficiently demolishing structures and buildings using a variety of tools and techniques. They must be physically fit and able to work in hazardous conditions. The Demolition Worker must be able to assess the structure to determine the best and safest way to demolish it, as well as follow safety protocols. They must also be able to operate heavy machinery and power tools, such as jackhammers, sledgehammers, and saws. Other duties include removing hazardous materials, setting up scaffolding, and disposing of debris.
Demolition Worker Duties
- Operate heavy machinery to demolish buildings and other structures
- Remove debris from demolition sites
- Install safety measures at demolition sites
- Disconnect electrical, gas, and water lines
- Follow safety protocols to protect oneself and the public
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
Demolition Worker Skills
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- Safety Standards Compliance
Demolition Worker Requirements
- Ability to safely operate and handle demolition equipment
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team
- Ability to work in a physical environment and withstand heat, cold and dust
- Knowledge of demolition techniques
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work long hours
- Strong physical stamina
- Ability to work safely and follow safety regulations
- Able to lift and carry heavy objects
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical aptitude