Our Community Planner job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Community Planner role
A Community Planner is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to ensure that a community's physical, social, and economic needs are met. They create, review, and update plans for land use, housing, and economic development, and evaluate their effectiveness. They also provide technical advice to local government agencies and community organizations, and may be involved in public outreach to ensure that the community's needs are addressed.
The purpose of a Community Planner is to create, promote, and implement strategies and plans to improve the quality of life in a given community. This could range from developing and managing housing and transportation initiatives to creating and managing programs that foster economic growth and revitalization. Community Planners use a variety of data sources, community input, and research to develop long-term plans that address the needs of a variety of stakeholders, including city officials, businesses, and residents. They work to ensure that the plans they develop are both achievable and beneficial to the community.
Community Planner Summary
The Community Planner is responsible for creating and implementing comprehensive plans to improve the quality of life in a community. This includes researching and analyzing data related to land use, population trends, economic development, and other factors that impact the area. The Community Planner works with local government and community stakeholders to develop plans that align with the vision of the community. Additionally, the Community Planner will be responsible for monitoring progress and making adjustments to ensure the plan is successful. This position requires excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
Community Planner Duties
- Develop plans for community recreation, land use, and transportation
- Work with local government to create zoning regulations and other ordinances
- Conduct surveys and analyze data to inform planning decisions
- Coordinate public meetings and workshops to solicit input from community members
- Prepare presentations, reports, and maps to document plans and results
Community Planner Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of community planning principles
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Community Planner Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Urban or Regional Planning or related field
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to write grant applications and manage grant funds
- Experience with public outreach, community engagement, and project development
- Knowledge of GIS and mapping software
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people
- Knowledge of urban planning and zoning regulations
- Ability to work with local government and community organizations