Our Dietary Supervisor job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Dietary Supervisor role
The Dietary Supervisor is responsible for supervising the daily operations of a food service department, overseeing staff and ensuring quality meals are prepared and served. This position also involves developing menus, ordering food and supplies, maintaining health and safety standards, and ensuring the budget is adhered to.
The purpose of a Dietary Supervisor is to ensure the quality of food, nutrition, and dining services in healthcare and other institutional settings. This includes managing a team of dietary staff to provide meals that meet health and safety standards, as well as overseeing the ordering of food, supplies, and equipment. The Dietary Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring proper food storage and handling procedures are followed, as well as ensuring that meals are served in a timely manner. Additionally, the Dietary Supervisor works to provide nutritional education and counseling to patients and their families.
Dietary Supervisor Summary
The Dietary Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the dietary department in a healthcare facility. The Supervisor will plan, direct, and coordinate food service activities, and ensure that quality standards are met. The Supervisor will also develop and maintain nutritional services, oversee food preparation and meal service, ensure sanitation and safety standards are maintained, and manage inventory and ordering of supplies. The Supervisor will also recruit, train, and supervise dietary staff, and ensure that all staff members are in compliance with department policies and procedures.
Dietary Supervisor Duties
- Plan and coordinate meals and other dietary services
- Maintain inventory of food and supplies
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Train and supervise dietary staff
- Oversee food preparation and delivery
- Monitor quality of food served
- Develop menus
- Review and analyze menus, recipes, and other food-related documents
- Manage budget and financial reports
Dietary Supervisor Skills
- Organizing and supervising meal planning and preparation
- Ensuring that food safety standards and nutritional guidelines are met
- Monitoring inventory and ordering supplies
- Hiring and training kitchen staff
- Ensuring that kitchen equipment and facilities are properly maintained
- Supervising food service staff
- Developing menus
- Creating and implementing dietary policies
Dietary Supervisor Requirements
- Knowledge of food safety and nutrition
- Experience in food service management
- Ability to supervise and direct staff
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge of budgeting and menu planning