Our Claims Associate job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Claims Associate role
A Claims Associate is responsible for processing property, liability, and casualty insurance claims. They investigate the claims, review and analyze information, calculate damages, and negotiate settlements. They must be knowledgeable in insurance laws and regulations and possess strong customer service and communication skills.
The purpose of a Claims Associate is to provide customer service and administrative support to the claims processing team. They are responsible for processing, reviewing, and verifying various types of claims, including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance claims. They must ensure all claims are submitted in accordance with regulatory requirements and accepted standards. Claims Associates also assist with responding to customer inquiries, researching and resolving any customer issues, and providing accurate and timely customer service. In addition, they may be responsible for basic data entry, filing, and other administrative tasks.
Claims Associate Summary
The Claims Associate is responsible for processing and administering insurance claims. They must review a variety of documents and claims forms, as well as investigate and assess the accuracy of claims. The Claims Associate must be detail-oriented and able to work with a variety of people. They should have excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as the ability to make sound decisions. The Claims Associate must also have a strong understanding of various insurance policies and procedures. This position is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to gain experience in the insurance industry.
Claims Associate Duties
- Maintain effective relationships with customers and other stakeholders
- Provide accurate and timely claims processing
- Organize and maintain claims information
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Prepare and review reports
- Assist with training and onboarding of new staff
Claims Associate Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of legal and insurance terms and principles
Claims Associate Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Organizational aptitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail