Our Claims Adjuster job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Claims Adjuster role
A Claims Adjuster is responsible for evaluating and settling insurance claims by investigating the insured's loss, analyzing coverage, determining liability, and negotiating settlements. They are also responsible for identifying fraud, negotiating settlements, and providing customer service.
The purpose of a Claims Adjuster is to investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle insurance claims. This involves interviewing claimants, reviewing police and medical reports, determining liability, calculating the amount of damages, and negotiating settlement amounts with claimants. Additionally, a Claims Adjuster may provide technical advice to insurance companies on coverage, liability, and settlement issues. They may also be responsible for conducting audits, researching and verifying facts, and preparing investigative reports.
Claims Adjuster Summary
A Claims Adjuster is responsible for investigating, evaluating, and settling insurance claims. They review and analyze information to determine the extent of an insurance company’s liability, negotiate settlements, and make recommendations for resolving claims. The role requires strong communication and problem-solving skills in order to effectively negotiate with claimants and handle difficult or complex cases. Claims Adjusters must have knowledge of relevant laws and regulations in order to make informed decisions.
Claims Adjuster Duties
- Investigate insurance claims to determine cause of loss and liability
- Gather information from claimants, witnesses, medical professionals, and other sources
- Evaluate and analyze claim information
- Negotiate settlements with claimants
- Process paperwork to complete claims and maintain claim records
- Assess risks and prepare reports
Claims Adjuster Skills
- interpersonal communication
- customer service
Claims Adjuster Requirements
- A valid driver's license
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of insurance policies and procedures
- Ability to assess damages and negotiate settlements
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail