Our Auto Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Auto Technician role
Auto Technicians diagnose, repair, and maintain cars and light trucks. They inspect, test, and adjust parts and systems, such as brakes, steering and suspension, engines, and transmissions. They also use computer software to diagnose problems and follow up with customers on repair status.
The purpose of an auto technician is to diagnose, repair, and maintain vehicles and automotive systems. They inspect and test vehicles, identify and repair mechanical and electrical problems, and perform preventative maintenance. They also advise customers on necessary repairs and maintenance and keep accurate records of services performed.
Auto Technician Summary
Auto Technician Job Summary
An Auto Technician is responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing vehicles. This includes diagnosing mechanical problems and performing preventative maintenance. The Auto Technician must be knowledgeable in all aspects of automotive repair and possess a valid driver's license.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team. They must be able to work with a variety of tools, be detail oriented, and have a strong understanding of safety regulations. The Auto Technician should also have excellent problem-solving skills, be organized and efficient, and be able to work quickly and accurately.
Auto Technician Duties
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs on vehicles
- Diagnose vehicle malfunctions and perform repairs
- Inspect vehicles for safety and functionality issues
- Test and repair electrical and electronic components on vehicles
- Inspect and adjust brake systems
- Complete routine oil changes and lubrication services
- Document all repair and maintenance work
Auto Technician Skills
- Diagnose and repair automotive systems
- Test vehicle components
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Inspect and replace brakes and suspension
- Read and interpret service manuals
- Identify and replace worn parts
Auto Technician Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work with a variety of tools
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanical and electrical systems
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team player
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and schematics
- Good communication and customer service skills