Our Choir Accompanist job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Choir Accompanist role
The Choir Accompanist provides instrumental accompaniment for the choir during rehearsals and performances, playing a wide range of musical styles and genres. They may also be responsible for selecting and arranging music, and providing musical direction.
The purpose of a Choir Accompanist is to provide musical accompaniment for a choir during rehearsals and performances. This accompaniment may include playing piano, organ, or other instruments, and may also include singing as necessary. The accompanist is responsible for preparing music for rehearsals and performances, and for providing support to the choir in terms of tempo, phrasing, and style. The accompanist is also responsible for attending rehearsals and performances, and for supporting the choir director in all aspects of the choir's work.
Choir Accompanist Summary
The Choir Accompanist is responsible for providing musical accompaniment for choirs at rehearsals and performances. The Accompanist must be adept at sight-reading, transposing and interpreting music of a wide variety of styles and skillfully accompany choirs in a variety of performance venues.
The Accompanist must be able to maintain a steady tempo and adjust to changes in tempo and style as required. The Accompanist must also be able to play from memory or from a conductor or director's instructions. The Accompanist must also be able to communicate effectively with conductors and directors and be sensitive to the needs of the choir.
The Accompanist must also be willing to attend rehearsals and performances regularly. The Accompanist must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with other musicians and singers. The Accompanist must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Choir Accompanist Duties
- Accompany choir during rehearsals, concerts, and other performances
- Select and arrange appropriate musical selections for choir
- Provide guidance on vocal techniques and interpretation of music
- Assist in developing and maintaining a high quality standard of performance
- Lead warm ups and vocal exercises
- Collaborate with choir director and other music professionals
Choir Accompanist Skills
- Playing music on keyboards
- Ability to harmonize and collaborate with singers
- Knowledge of different vocal ranges
Choir Accompanist Requirements
- Ability to read music
- Proficiency in playing piano
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent musical skills
- Ability to sight-read musical scores
- Knowledge of a wide range of musical styles
- Ability to work well with vocalists