Our Blacksmith job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Blacksmith role
Blacksmiths are skilled artisans who create objects from metal using a forge, anvil, and hammer. They often specialize in the craft of shaping and forming metals into functional items such as tools, weapons, and furniture.
The purpose of a Blacksmith is to create metal products such as tools, weapons, and other metal items through the process of forging and shaping metal. This includes heating and hammering metal into shape, as well as using other tools to shape and finish the metal pieces. Blacksmiths also may be involved in the repair and restoration of metal products.
Blacksmith Job Summary
A Blacksmith is a skilled tradesperson who works with metal to create tools and structures. Blacksmiths use a variety of tools and techniques to heat and shape metal, including hammers, anvils, tongs, and other equipment. They may use a forge to heat the metal for bending, cutting, or welding. Blacksmiths also need to be familiar with different types of metal and their properties in order to create the desired pieces. Blacksmiths may also be responsible for finishing and polishing pieces, as well as providing maintenance and repairs.
- Operate forge and forge equipment to shape and form metal
- Heat, hammer and shape metal pieces to create tools and machinery components
- Perform welding and soldering processes
- Repair and maintain tools and equipment
- Operate cutting and grinding machinery and equipment
- Inspect completed parts and equipment for accuracy
- Forge and shape metal
- Finish products with grinding and polishing
- Repair tools and equipment
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of hand tools and machines
- Strong knowledge of metallurgy and forging processes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to work with a variety of metals
- Physical Strength
- Attention to Detail
- Technical Knowledge
- Problem Solving Skills