Our Fitter job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Fitter role
A Fitter is a tradesperson who works in the construction and engineering industries, installing and repairing machinery, equipment, and other structures. They use a variety of tools and techniques to cut, shape, and assemble components. Fitter jobs involve physical labor and the use of problem-solving skills to complete tasks safely and efficiently.
The purpose of a Fitter is to install, maintain, and repair machinery and equipment in a variety of industrial settings. They also provide technical advice and support to other workers on the operation and maintenance of machinery and systems. Fitters are responsible for diagnosing faults, examining components, and making repairs or adjustments as necessary. They also carry out routine maintenance and servicing to ensure the machines are running safely and efficiently.
The Fitter is responsible for ensuring that all mechanical systems are properly installed and functioning. This person must have strong mechanical aptitude and be able to diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical issues. The Fitter will read and interpret technical schematics to ensure proper installation of mechanical components. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, as well as the ability to work independently or collaboratively as needed. The Fitter must also have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Carry out fitting of mechanical and electrical components
- Install, replace and repair machinery and equipment
- Follow safety regulations when using tools and working with hazardous materials
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Diagnose malfunctions in machines and equipment
- Test and adjust fitted parts
- strong mechanical aptitude
- ability to read schematics
- ability to use hand and power tools
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with hand and power tools
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and diagrams
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- Physical Strength
- Attention to Detail