Our Farm Worker job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Farm Worker role
A farm worker is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a farm, including tending to crops, livestock, and equipment. They may also be involved in the harvesting, packaging, and shipping of agricultural products.
The purpose of a farm worker is to perform the necessary tasks to maintain and operate a farm. This job role involves a variety of duties including planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops; caring for animals; operating machinery; and performing routine maintenance and repairs. Farm workers may also be responsible for keeping records, managing finances, and supervising other workers.
Farm Worker Summary
Farm Worker Job Summary
A Farm Worker is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the care and maintenance of crops and animals on a farm. This includes planting, harvesting, and general upkeep of the land and its inhabitants. Farm Workers may also be responsible for operating machinery, such as tractors, to help with tasks, as well as basic animal care. Knowledge of safety protocols and the ability to work long hours outdoors in all weather conditions is required. The ideal candidate will have experience working with animals and crops and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Farm Worker Duties
- Assist in planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops
- Operate and maintain farm equipment and machinery
- Perform general farm maintenance tasks such as fencing and irrigation
- Feed and care for livestock
- Operate and maintain irrigation systems
- Carry out pest control activities
- Perform general farm record keeping
Farm Worker Skills
- Ability to work long hours in various weather conditions
- Knowledge of basic agricultural practices
- Ability to lift heavy loads
- Ability to operate farm machinery
- Strong attention to detail
Farm Worker Requirements
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Must have experience working with farm animals and/or crops
- Must have basic knowledge of farm equipment and tools
- Must be able to follow instructions and work in a team environment
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Able to lift heavy objects
- Good communication skills