Our General Office Clerk job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the General Office Clerk role
General office clerks are responsible for performing a variety of administrative tasks, such as answering phones, filing documents, processing mail, and updating records. They may also process customer orders, assist with special projects, and provide customer service.
The purpose of a General Office Clerk is to provide administrative support to staff in a company. This includes tasks such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing mail, and providing customer service. The General Office Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all paperwork is completed in a timely and accurate manner and that all office operations run smoothly and efficiently. They must also be able to work well with team members, handle customer inquiries, and manage multiple tasks at once.
General Office Clerk Summary
General Office Clerk Job Summary
A General Office Clerk is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support within an organization. The main duties of a General Office Clerk include maintaining records, drafting correspondence, receiving guests, filing, data entry, and organizing documents. They also answer phones, direct calls, and respond to inquiries from customers and other parties. The successful candidate should be organized and have excellent communication and multitasking skills.
General Office Clerk Duties
- Answer phone calls and emails
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate department
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- Perform data entry and filing duties
- Process paperwork, prepare documents and update records
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
General Office Clerk Skills
- Data entry
- Answering phone calls
- Greeting visitors
General Office Clerk Requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Familiarity with office equipment (e.g. computers, printers, photocopiers, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Ability to multi-task