Our Accounting Administrator job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Accounting Administrator role
The Accounting Administrator is responsible for managing and overseeing the accounting operations of the organization. Duties include maintaining accurate financial records, preparing financial reports, reconciling accounts, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The Accounting Administrator must have excellent analytical and organizational skills, as well as a thorough understanding of accounting principles and practices.
The purpose of an Accounting Administrator is to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of the company's financial records. This includes maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable, reconciling accounts, tracking and analyzing financial data, and preparing financial documents. The Accounting Administrator is also responsible for developing and monitoring internal controls, preparing budgeting and forecasting reports, and providing support to other accounting personnel. Additionally, the Accounting Administrator may provide assistance with audits, tax preparation, and other accounting tasks.
Accounting Administrator Summary
The Accounting Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations of the organization. This includes overseeing the accounts payable and receivable, maintaining financial records, preparing reports, monitoring budget performance, and reconciling accounts. The Administrator must ensure that all financial transactions are accurate and compliant with applicable laws and regulations. The Administrator must also be able to clearly communicate financial information to other departments, and be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills, excellent customer service and communication skills, and the ability to multitask.
Accounting Administrator Duties
- Plan and coordinate accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to ensure accurate and timely financial information
- Oversee and review the daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, payroll and utilities, and bank reconciliations
- Prepare and review budgets, revenue, expenses, invoices, and other accounting documents
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Analyze financial information and summarise financial status
- Identify and address accounting issues
- Maintain and update accounting records
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests
Accounting Administrator Skills
- Data Entry
- Financial Reporting
Accounting Administrator Requirements
- Manage financial records and create financial reports
- Prepare and process accounts payable and receivable
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Reconcile bank statements and accounts
- Maintain accounting ledgers and other records
- Ensure compliance with applicable accounting regulations and standards
- Support the accounting team with various tasks
- Assist in the preparation of budgets
- Update and maintain internal control procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills